Obba Babatunde is one of the most recognizable character actors in television and movies today. He impresses audiences with every role and has the ability to make people love him, despite kind of character he is playing.
Now the How High alum is back and better than ever in several projects. He recently talked to TVGrapevine about everything in an exclusive interview. Below are some of the highlights from our chat.
1. He can be seen in several episodes of SWAT, where he plays the father of Shemar Moore’s character Daniel. In a recent interview with TVGrapevine, Obba gushed over the opportunity and how wonderful it was to get to work with Shemar.
He had nothing but good things to say about him and thought that it was an honor to work with him on the show and hopes to have more opportunities to do so in the future.
2. Obba also appears in the hit series Dear White People. In this show, he plays Dean Fairbanks, a role that he takes pride in. He not only loves the cast and stories, but he hopes they use the show as a way to remember the difference between their DO (their work) and their WHO (who they are).
3. In addition, he is reuniting with Kerry Washington on a new project, where he will once again play her dad. The dynamic duo initially worked together on an episode of Psych. This project, which also stars Reese Witherspoon, is called Little Fires Everywhere. While he did not give too much away about the project, he said that he loved working with two empowering, loving women. He declared Kerry one of his favorite individuals to work with and loves Reese’s personality and positivity in helping women.
4. People would be surprised to know that Obba is a horse whisperer. He has trained horses for over twenty years and uses special techniques to communicate with them. He says it is all natural and earns their trust through consistency and investing in them. It is a beautiful thing that truly helps both humans and horses.
5. The best part of Obba though? He has a huge heart filled with love and compassion for everyone he meets. Obba has nothing but good things to say about everyone he has worked with and knows how to make everyone, including myself feel important and special. He has a positive spirit (which is obvious, thanks to his horse whispering techniques!) and energy that makes him unforgettable and someone you would want to have as a friend for life.